Sunday 24 March 2013

Butterfly Gatefold Card


Hi all today I would like to share this card I made recently, it was slightly unusual in that it was for a couple who were both turning 50 and were having a joint party. It is a 6" square gatefold held closed by a band containing the sentiment. I tried to keep the colours as neutral as possible and the embellishments to a minimum, as I didn't want it to be too frilly or feminine, so I chose a butterfly and some diamante's which I think worked really well, even if I do say so myself!

inside


Inside was simply decorated with a panel of co-ordinating card and a verse, I left the two side panels blank as it was from a group of friends and they all wanted to write messages.

back view
I made a mini envelope and attached it to the back for the "gift". I really enjoyed making this card as it was a little different to normal given the specifics I had to follow. Thanks for stopping by and if you have any comments or queries I would be delighted to hear them
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment